Cafe Campesino, Inc. is looking for a full-time Coffee Roaster for our Americus, Georgia coffee roastery. The Coffee Roaster is responsible for all aspects of coffee roasting and green coffee bean management, has an above-average energy level and “can-do” attitude, and enjoys drinking coffee. S/he is disciplined, detail-oriented, professional, skilled at time management, and highly focused. S/he enjoys people and being part of a team, and is always willing to support all functions of the company as needed.
Cafe Campesino Inc. is Georgia’s first and only 100% fair trade, organic coffee company, a certified B Corporation, and a founding member of the fair trade green coffee bean purchasing organization Cooperative Coffees, from which we source all of our coffee. Cafe Campesino is also a long-standing member of the Fair Trade Federation and as such, is committed to long-term relationships with our trading partners (the small scale coffee farmers who grow our coffee), working with them to improve their quality of life, and paying them a fair price for the beautiful coffee they work so hard to farm for us year after year.
- Roast all coffee per established roast profiles and quality expectations.
- Perform all preventative maintenance as scheduled, troubleshoot mechanical issues to prevent downtime, and manage any necessary repairs to roasting and related production equipment.
- Ensure all safety practices are followed and that roaster safety is never compromised.
- Roast sufficient coffee quantities to meet production requirements.
- Receive, organize and store green coffee beans and other purchase orders.
- Maintain an organized FIFO inventory of green and roasted coffee and ensure that the company’s freshness standards are met or exceeded.
- Update and accurately maintain roast log and coffee records.
- Improve the quality and efficiency of the location’s coffee program.
- Assist fulfillment when needed and prioritize order of roast to increase efficiency.
- Embrace the company’s Purpose, Core Values, BHAG, and Scaling Up initiative.
- Establish and cultivate good working relationships with all of the company’s stakeholders.
- Fulfill agreed-to KPI’s, Critical Numbers, Quarterly Priorities and/or other assigned objectives.
- Consistently exhibit leadership in the creation of happy, satisfied, repeat customers.
- Develop comprehensive coffee knowledge, from crop to cup.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the company’s business model and approach.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver objects 75 lbs. or more with appropriate equipment and/or assistance.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Problem solving.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Computer literate (email, internet, word processing).
- Proficient with Excel/Google Spreadsheets.
Hourly + Benefits
How to Apply:
All qualified applicants should send a confidential cover letter and resume to Cafe Campesino Inc. at email@example.com no later than Wednesday, July 29, 2020. Please put “Coffee Roaster Opportunity” in the subject line.