Like many of you, we are deeply concerned about the impact of COVID-19 and are making every effort to keep our staff and customers informed and safe and to mitigate the spread of this virus.
In both our roastery and our coffee house cleanliness, sanitation and food safety are of utmost importance. We already have strict sanitation standards in place, but we are reinforcing those standards and adding to them in light of COVID-19.
At the roastery, we are :
- Instructing employees to wash their hands more frequently and for at least 20 seconds.
- Ensuring all packing equipment is cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Encouraging the increased use of hand-sanitizer.
- Instructing employees to wash their hands after using their cell phones.
- Disinfecting door handles, faucets, toilet handles, light switches, computers, phones and airpots at least two times per day.
- Instructing employees to stay home and CALL their primary care doctor should they have a fever, cough or shortness of breath.
- Instructing employees to stay home if they have been in contact with someone they believe has been exposed to COVID-19.
- Instructing employees to avoid touching their faces and to wash their hands after they do.
- Meeting daily with staff to reinforce messages of cleanliness, sanitation and hand-washing and keep them updated on the latest developments.
- Hanging posters from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that address “What You Need to Know about COVID-19,” “What to do if you are sick,” “How to stop the spread of germs,” and “Symptoms of Coronavirus.”
At our coffee house, we are also maintaining strict sanitation standards, as well as
- More frequently sanitizing chairs, tables, and shared spaces.
- Reducing the amount of touch-points for staff and customers.
- Refusing reusable cups behind the counter & using disposable-compostable cups and silverware instead.
Rest assured, we will continue to monitor this situation and adapt our procedures and practices as needed based on the guidance of the CDC. We thank you for your support during this challenging time and are confident that together we will get through this with our community stronger and more united.